Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day

Well this was an interesting Father's Day. It's my second one as a father, first time I got to take my daughter out (last year we went out to a restaurant after she went to sleep) and the first year I have only my step-father to share Father's Day with.

Went to a steakhouse on saturday, but I think my Stepfather enjoyed the Yellow Cake/Chocolate Frosting cupcakes my wife made him better. We were to go to a Restoartion down that's circa 1855 in the neighborhood, but After I mowed the lawn, it felt of rain, which sure enough came to us shortly after 2pm, and then off and on all the way until this morning. Guess I should be somewhat grateful, it wasn't the torrents of water that we've been plagued with as of late, but still, I wanted to go. Well there's next week. Which is my mother's birthday, so maybe she'll go with as she used to take me when I was a kid.

My daughter went to a new babysitter this morning. Our old one had to call it quits because they're moving. She was good to my baby girl, we'll miss her. However our new baby sitter had a note on the board welcoming her to the day care, and a boy let her play with his soccer ball. I'm told that this boy is very possessive about his soccer ball, and lettter her play with it is a very big sign :) It appears she'll have a good time there, but I'm sure there will still be an adjustment period for her to get used to. She'll have a communal sleeping area for starters, that'll be a new one for her. I think she'll try and be sociable rather than sleepy for a while, or forever :) I believe I'm picking her up tonight, so we'll see how her first day went.

This Thursday I get to go to a Minor League Baseball game for a team building exersize on my current project. It's been a few years since I've been to a game period. Here's hoping I remember to bring a cap, sunscreen, and my sunglasses. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home