Monday, May 05, 2008

Dandelions are food?

My good friend "The Captain" returned from Africa and visited us this weekend. Pretty much we all picked up where we left off. He did show me that the heads of dandelions are edible, and non-toxic. Still not sure on the taste as I'm not game enough to go out and pluck one to give it a try. Not lacking in the weeds this year either. Last year was murder on my lawn and the weeds are taking advantage. Here's hoping it can survive until next year when I can get like Chem-Lawn out there to kill them for me en masse.

Nora knows Bye-Bye better than any other word, and by God she's going to use it. It's a sure fire way to keep her from crying when someone's leaving, just tell her to say bye bye and all stops. She'll wave and say it. And if you're lucky she'll lean in for a kiss. She's adorable.

Grilled this weekend too. Have tonnes (that's a metric tonne, not a Imperial ton) of leftovers from that. I'm so backlogged with leftovers, I don't think I'm going to worry about lunches until June.

Went to see Forbidden Kingdom this weekend too. (Iron Man will be later). I reccommend it. It's quite a good Eastern Fairy Tale of a movie. And good Kung-Fu.

1 Comments:

At Saturday, May 10, 2008 7:57:00 AM, Blogger Sara Bishop said...

it was nice. Like the Karate Kid had a baby with the Neverending Story. I expected Falcor to come save the day at the end. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home