Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Driving to Wichita is a test for me

It always seems to have crappy weather whenever I drive to or from the Wichita area. This past Christmas the snow/slush/salt was so bad I ran out of wiper fluid and had to hobble into the gas stop to buy more fluid, which apparently EVERYONE else was doing. And now for the second time, I had to drive through some pretty torrential rains. People were pulled over to the side under bridges waiting it out. I slowed down but barrelled through, mostly because i didn't want to wait, and had a feeling I could drive through it. Well past Emporia we did. My daughter slept through the whole thing.

Other than that it was a very nice relaxing trip. Went to the Sedgwick County Zoo and saw Penguins. Fun and playful little guys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home