Thursday, May 22, 2008

Acceptance of Parenthood

I own a minivan.

Yes, for some reason these beauties of Safety and storage have a stigma in my area "Oh God, Not a minivan, that's what OLD PEOPLE drive". However, as much as I loved the truck, and I probably could have squeezed another year out of him, I needed room to cart my daughter around. Yep, one little 16 month old filled the truck to the breaking point, at Easter! I was afraid for Christmas.

So The Missus and I found online a great deal for a Dodge Grand Caravan SXT. ALL the bells and whistles (automatic everything, normal windows in the sliding doors, "subspace" ambiant lighting down the back, 1 year of Satellite radio, V6 engine, Sto'N'Go seating) and that wonderful new car scent.

I like "sitting up" so it's good for me in that regard, but the van is very open when it's just you in the car.

It also rides way smoother than the truck, and we now have room to fit everyone when we go to the Ren Fest again (well, until another of our friends gets a significant other). Am I ashamed? Hell no, got a great deal on a van with a lot of gadgets and it's a NEW CAR (48 miles on her at selling time) so Yay me.

Get to show it off to My wife's grandparents this weekend.

Only downside I can see is it's black. I wanted beige, and black is notorious for showing any and all dirt spots with pristince accuracy. So looks like lots of washings for me in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home