Monday, June 02, 2008

Full sentences and fake pee

Got your attention? Good, cause this post is pretty boring after that. This weekend we went to the grocery store, twice, to lessen the load and attempt to do it in ashorter window for Nora's sake. Worked nicely actually.
Also, I went to the hardware store and bought some tree spikes for my Cherry-ish tree that's not doing so well, here's hoping that will work. I also bought a large jug of liquid fence to try to keep those rabbits from digging up my yard. Unfortunately I rounded one corner and the spray handle disintegrated, spreading that nasty smelling liquid on my hands. 6 scrubbings, isopropyl alcohol, a shower and a pumice stone later, the smell finally dissapeared.\

Tonight if it's dry I get to weed kill the North section of my back lawn to kill a bunch of weeds that have garnered a foothold in my lawn. I would have thought this to not be a big deal, but learned that it will kill off my regular grass, then they'll die off leaving large patches of dirt in its wake. So off to kill Weeds I go, and hope the Grass can recover until I can afford GreenLawn or ChemLawn or something to help me out.

My daughter's first full sentence was last week. Great Aunt Daina picked her up from me as we went to eat, when Nora pointed at me and said "That's My Dada". She's had a few more now. She's even beginning to nod and shake her head for yes and no. With dinner this is very accurate cause this means she's done. If I don't listen she'll say uh-uh and push my hand away. Other times she just shakes her head even though she knows it true.

Back to the yard, my trash service will no longer pick up my yard waste without a fee. I tried to find other trash services (there were 3 in the area) for comparison, but one moved out, and the other doesn't take yard waste, so here I am having to get a service that used to be included. Their rationale is valid: The landfill is nearing full, so they want to make it last, but still. This was not an expence I was expecting. I guess I can offset it by removing the recycling option, but for now I wait 20+ minutes to talk to a rep.

Tootsie's maintenence is this Friday. Normally it's a couple of shots, but her teeth are terrible, and she won't let me brush them, so I have to have her knocked up and then her teeth cleaned. Hopefully after this rather expensive procedure, the Missus and I can help ward this off with a little cleaning after we brush nora's Tee (she says tee, Nora seems to simply ignore ending consonants).

6 Comments:

At Tuesday, June 03, 2008 3:10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I shouldn't have laughed about the stinky hands but I did. Thoughly liked reading your post from yesterday. Have fun with your lawn...I am with ours while Matt's gone. PS how mad would you be if Sara ran over the gas cap of the lawnmower?

 
At Wednesday, June 04, 2008 4:18:00 AM, Blogger Bishniak said...

I would be annoyed yes. Actually I think I'd be really annoyed, calm down, then try to see if I could purchase a replacement. I would suggest, hypothetically of course, that one could go to the nearest Home Depot or Lowe's to see if they sell a replacement. If that doesn't pan out, shop online. Worse comes to Worse, buy a new mower and surprise your husband.

 
At Wednesday, June 04, 2008 9:50:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL, a new mower...guess I should have mentioned that it was bought when we moved up to KC so its not quite a year old yet. Yeah, I thought to go see if I could find a replacement and just get away with not telling him, but alas that won't work for a couple of reasons. The first being lying by omission, and the second is I asked his co-worker that didn't go on the trip if I could see if his would fit so I could finish mowing.

 
At Thursday, June 05, 2008 4:18:00 AM, Blogger Bishniak said...

lying by omission is legal mumbo jumbo. if it was a replacement cap, it wouldn't hurt to just not tell him.
and just bribe the co-worker with cookies to keep him quiet. Okay that one is a bit shadier but it still applies.

Did you find a gas cap replacement?

How did you mow over the cap?

 
At Thursday, June 05, 2008 3:36:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Legal or not I still am sketchy on it. Perhaps I could bribe the co-worker but in my experience Marines especially are notorious for hanging crackers on folks and it'll come out sooner rather then never.
I haven't looked for a new cap yet since he'll be gone for another two weeks. I figure it should be at Lowe's, Home Depot or all else through Sears as that is where we got it.
Before I started mowing I had checked the tank to see if it had gas and that there was some in the can so I wouldn't have to run out for more. Although the tank started out full I decided to check it at the halfway point seeing as he hadn't mowed the yard in three weeks. Gasp, yes three weeks. It was halfway between Lily's knee and hip. Since we bag, it was a LOT of stop and go needless to say. It was a good thing I'd stopped because it needed petro. I thought that I got the cap on at that point but apparently not. It was either loose or on slightly crooked. Unfortunately I didn't figure this out until too late. When it blew off I was mowing around the swingset legs. So it wasn't until that sound of something getting munched and coming out that I saw it was the cap.

 
At Monday, June 09, 2008 7:40:00 AM, Blogger Bishniak said...

Meh. It happens, a Gas Cap shouldn't be that pricey. If you said that you burned out the motor in the Mower, then i'd be hacked. as it stands you'll be out 2-3 bucks.

He gets snippy, start crying. Chances are he'll be to flustered to know what to do, and you'll get off. Warning: don't overuse that, or else he'll grow immune.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home