Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Office Move

Since June, we were told we were going to relocate down to the 4th floor. People would go on vacation, pack their life up, and come back the next week (or two) to find us still on 5.

I go to Java class, don't pack because everyone at this point thinks it's crying wolf and (can you see where this is going?) we move the next tuesday. So Monday I spend packing up my office, which is no small feat. Because, with packing comes cleaning. 8 year old documents that mean nothing now can be pitched.
I have a lot of nick-knacks in my office, and they take forever to pack. But I moved in on Monday. Tuesday i unpacked, which took me pretty much the entire day again.

In the 10 years I've been here (internship & Fulltime) I've moved 7 times... 7! that's just not right.

But now i'm down here and for the first time, I've got a window to look out of. Well it's about a cube farm or two away from me, but it's a ceiling to floor sliver window, and I can see leaves on trees. If it's raining, I'll know now! if it gets dark, I'll know! This is great! I can see weather!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home