Thursday, September 21, 2006

They come in Three's

Or so i've been told. Luckily, it's not the house that's falling apart, but just everything else.


Let's start with Sara's Car. We come back from Whichita, KS State Fair, and she's going over to Mandy's to pick up my Birthday Present, whilst I go to my brothers to pick up my Dog.

Nearly home, Sara calls to say her car isn't working. She tries to turn it on, then the wipers go off, the CD player spits out the CD and the lights turn on.

Great, I think, the alternator's bad. She's on the phone with her mom, and I"m calling insurance to make sure I have paid for them to tow a car. Well, Her mom gets on the horn to her old mechanic buddy, and he thinks it's just the battery. Great! SO we have 60 minutes to rush to the Sears store to buy a battery (Wal*Mart may have batteries, but here, I don't wish to skimp, DieHard baby) and raced back to hook it up. Got frustrated when I may have lost a piece that keeps the battery secure, but Sara was able to get it. Battery worked, we lived to see another day.

Part II: I had my 90K checkup on my car, they said the tread on my tires were low, but not dangerously so. SO, I decided to wait a little before replacing them. Saturday we have a Wedding to drive to in Topeka. We drove to Lenexa to visit with Ashley, and I stopped to fill up my car. Well apparently my tires have never stopped in this fasion, because I found the edge on the Driver's Side front nearly bald, and starting to rupture. I filled the tire with air, and then began to panic as to how to fix my car, and not miss the wedding. Ashley came through, and allowed us to borrow her old car, and we dropped the Truck off at Firestone to replace the tires.

Then Sunday, we're doing laundry. Whites are the last load, and we put them in the dryer. Before, however, I was pulling out the light colored clothes, and was moving the drum to reach a pair of shorts when i heard a KLUNK! Bothered but not terribly worried, i put the whites in and turned it on. THis horrid Metal screeching noise ensued from our dryer. Turned it off. Now, we've replaced it with my step brother's old one (still works, they just upgraded).

I think I'm done for now. Like Jury Duty, I hope My name's off the list for a few years now.

2 Comments:

At Thursday, September 21, 2006 10:30:00 AM, Blogger Kathleen said...

Wow! What a week! But yes, things like that do come in threes, so you should be okay. Be glad it wasn't something healthwise with you or Sara and the baby.

 
At Friday, September 22, 2006 2:12:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep would definately agree better it be mechanical. If it makes you feel better I just got our money pitt working again...lets hope the fix lasts longer than a couple months.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home