Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Folger's Simply Smooth

Well, due to recent developments in my gastro intestinal tract (read: Acid Reflux & Age) I had to swear off coffee. This was dissapointing, as I always thought it was a right of passage to drink when you got older. I watched both sets of grandparents have some over morning coffee, and when I got to work, most of my co-workers had a mug in their hand all day long.

Well, I found that instant coffee (that International Foods stuff) I could drink, but it doesn't wake me up like Coffee Coffee.

Then Folgers comes to the (I hope) rescue. They've made this coffee that's supposed to be easy on sensitive stomachs. So, I bought a small case and am going to try it out.

The first cup is a bit bitter, but that may be due to my making the pot a bit to strong. New personal brewer and all, don't have the "right amount" down yet.


I'll keep myself and my blog updated on whether or not I have found my salvation in the morning.

5 Comments:

At Wednesday, August 16, 2006 5:24:00 AM, Blogger Bishniak said...

First cup reminded my body that it doesn't know how to handle caffeine. WOW.too strong. However, no heartburn or coughing either. Today's cup is calmer, and we'll check back on that.

 
At Thursday, August 17, 2006 4:26:00 AM, Blogger Bishniak said...

Second and third cups are not as strong, and I've figured out the correct coffee ground ratio to water. It has a smooth flavor, and is darker than I normally take it, but it is good.

So to sum up: I can wake up in the mornings again!

 
At Thursday, August 17, 2006 3:09:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet yeah for the coffee find! I've been having issues with sugar hardcore again so I can't even do the International Foods version for awhile again. In other news though how are thou be?

 
At Thursday, August 17, 2006 6:38:00 PM, Blogger Bishniak said...

Fine, just fine. Get to go to the Iowa State Fair this weekend, looking forward to that :)

 
At Friday, August 18, 2006 6:43:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool. Its been so long since the last time I got to go to a fair. Mind if I read the posting of how it went on either your or Sara's blog and live vicariously through ya there? Hope its a good time and the corn on the cob is better b/c that is one of the things I like the best too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home