Wednesday, July 05, 2006

I forgot how much I enjoyed the 4th

Living in Kansas for the past 21 years, I have slowly moved away from fountains, snaps, sparklers, firecrackers, smoke bombs, tanks, etc. Because most of them have become illegal. I never really minded, I lived in areas that had good views of large firework displays.

I recently moved back to Missouri, and once again felt like a little kid running in my granmother's backyard with a sparkler smoking it up pretending it's the Genesis Planet from Star Trek III.

I bought a box of fountains for 30 bucks. Good buy. All Black Cat, a trusted name in small level explosives, and spent from 8:30 to 10 shooting eveyrthing in my armory.

Started off small with simple cones that emit showers of sparks, then up to the crackling ones, some with screaming whistles, then to the saturn missles (this one near the end tipped on its side and started shooting at us, so we had to take cover)

Then the finale, a Mortar Shell Cannon that shot 6 balls of pretty light high into the air.

I'm glad I'm having a kid, My Grandfather loved the 4th, who passed it to mom, who passed it to me, and I must pass it along. It's just too damn much fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home