Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Mowing around a cable

well look at that, another mowing the lawn post. Well it's been over a week, and it needs to be done. thanks to the complete lack of rain for nearly a month, it hasn't grown much.

However, I get a new wrinkle in this. I have had isssues with my cable in my basement since I moved in. Many of my high level channels refuse to come in clear. So we've had tech's come by and look at the problem. they told my wife we'll need a new line into the basement, that's all. Great.

Well, not so great. Apparently we needed a cable that was capable of sending a stronger signal to the house. That's fine, I just wish they told me about it.

I was expecting a tech to come by and place a new line from the box to my basement. Imagine my surprise when 2 guys come in with a Ditch Witch. They were gracious and listened to me, but I did not let them dig up my back yard because I was told all I needed was a line from the box to the basement.

Well, I called the cable company to inquire, and they told me they had both scheduled. Well, again, it would have been nice to know. The tech guy came and did exactly what they said he was to do, and explained to me very well why the new cable was needed.

Great, and the signal is perfect. Now the fun part.

Since I shooed them away, they cannot come back for another 3 weeks. So, I have to find a way to mow around approx 100ft of cable in my backyard, lying on the ground, without running over it.

It's probably easy, and I might be making a mountain out of a molehile, it's just an inconvenience that I wish I didn't have to incur (how's that for a Scrabble word?).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home