Thursday, September 13, 2007

I was suckered by an internet troll

and it's really chapping my hide.

On another site, I got into a debate about homosexuality.. a topic I usually avoid largely due to the heated topic material, and refusal of both sides to see any common ground.

Nevertheless i started on my side, and someone started theirs. Unbeknownst to me, after she made her point, she saw (long before I did) we'd have to agree to disagree and left it at that.

Now this is where it gets fun, This allows anonymous posting, which she and I were doing. Not that we were hiding our names, just that we didn't think of adding it at the end.

After she stopped posting, another Anonymous poster continued the fight. Since they were not leaving their name, I naively believed it ws the poster from before.

I don't think my "voice" ever raised but I could see them not particularly answering any of my responses, but only repeating their stance over and over, so I left a long post ending it with Agree to disagree.

Then the original poster I THOUGHT I was having this debate with chimed in, and said none of the latter half was her.....


I got suckered by a damn internet troll. And I used to think I could stay above that. Grr.

So as I said on that board I say here "I apologize for placing the words of an anonymous poster into your mouth. "

and one more time for good measure... Grrrrrr

1 Comments:

At Thursday, September 13, 2007 6:05:00 PM, Blogger KU Mommy said...

:) It's all good, Brad. I was enjoying reading the argument even though I wasn't a part of it anymore.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home