Monday, August 20, 2007

New Suit

The missus and I are having our wedding blessed by the church (the Catholic Seal of Approval for vegas weddings) So I had to go buy a suit. My last one didn't fit anymore, so I gave it to Goodwill when we moved. Since I've been lucky to not have to go to a funeral, and most weddings a tie/shirt/slacks is acceptable, I've never needed one. Well Getting a blessing in the church deemed it important so off we went.
Turns out this was the best time to do it, as JCPenney was having a really good sale on suits. Like, buy the jacket, and pants were a dollar for some brands, or suit/pants for 150. Turns out I bought my suit, pants & shirt for 166. Then comes the tie.

I want a purple tie to match the dress Sara wants to wear, and I wanted it in a soid color, not stripey or dotted etc. Jauque Penney did not have one so off the mall we searched.

Went into Dillards and Eureka! we found a solid purple... little dark but still. Bought it.... for 63! Really took my "Great sale" high away for buying such an expensive Tie. But all was not lost... we had to go to Kohls to get some clothes for Nora (got a $10 coupon in the mail, so 4 outfits for 2 bucks.. Yay) and nothing there. There IS a Men's Warehouse closeby so we go in. Luck upon Luck there's a lavender tie (turns out it's closer to a match to Sara's dress) thats' 20 dollars cheaper! So we buy that and return the 63 dollar tie.

so I bought what I believe was a 400 suit set for around 200. I never thought saving that type of money would make me feel proud. and look so smart.

3 Comments:

At Monday, August 20, 2007 10:26:00 AM, Blogger KU Mommy said...

Congrats on the suit!!! Andrew still gives me a hard time because I bought him a suit for a 6-month dating anniversary because he didn't have anything to wear to my brother's wedding. But JC Penneys was having one of those sales back then too... so YEAY for cheaper suits!!

When are you getting your marriage blessed? And how do they do it?? Is it like during a normal Mass or do you like have a separate ceremony and stuff?

Congrats, by the way!!

 
At Monday, August 20, 2007 10:30:00 AM, Blogger Bishniak said...

Blessing is like the 5am mass. All the basics of a Wedding, just missing the pomp and circumstance.

It'll be the priest talking, blessing the rings, renewing our vows and that's it. In out, econo-blessing.

We're having it done this Saturday, just 1 day past our 2 year anniversary.

 
At Tuesday, August 28, 2007 1:08:00 AM, Blogger Djimi said...

I'm so proud of you for the bargain! I'll train you guys to be cheap skates yet!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home