Monday, July 02, 2007

A veritable forest is growing under my deck.

I know I need to stir up the dirt and add more mulch under there, but in the meantime I'm getting weeds and fast growing grasslike crap. It's becoming to much of a pain (metaphorically and literally) to Weed-Eat it every 2 weeks, so I want to kill it. I bought Ortho Weed-B-Gone for the hose and sprayed it rather liberally. However, it doesn't look like it's dying. I'm a bit afraid to try like Round up or anything, because I don't want to kill my grass. So I'll perhaps try another round of that stuff after I mow tonight to see if it'll destroy my weed patch.

No flooding this time round. I found that the caulking on the door to the concrete step had pretty much eroded to nothing, so I replaced that. Wound up replacing it with a Silicone instead of standard caulk, which made it very messy to try, but the rain showed up on Friday and didn't leave until Sunday, and no rain in the basement. Yay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home