Monday, May 07, 2007

I have a pool!

Well, actually it's more of a swamp. Starting Sunday, our neck of the woods have been deluged with rainwater. So much so we have now not only surpassed the monthly average for May, we have surpassed the annual rainfall average. And that's just on Sunday! It's scheduled to rain all week long.

This wouldn't be so bad, but the ground is supersaturated, causing it to pool in my backyard. Again, not so bad as it's not getting into the house. It's flowing down my lawn as a river into the storm drains. This is where my first "real problem" shows up. It's running right alongside my house, eating out a hole at the front edge of my garage. the dirt is just no longer there. and with 5 more days of rain, i don't know how bad it's going to get before I can fix it.

That all said, as long as the water stays outside, I will accept having to fix that area.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home