Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Back from Branson

The 4-day vacation is over, and I must say I enjoyed myself. This was the first time in perhaps the better part of a decade in which my entire nuclear family (George's kids and Mom's) were all in the same place. 12 Adults, 2 teenagers, 1 pre-teen, 1 toddler and 2 infants all in Branson.

We did a BBQ cookout and Celebration City together, but the rest was all on your own. I did Silver Dollar City, Ripley's Believe it or Not, Titanic, and just plain rested the entire time.

Driving down, I got to eat at Lambert's restaurant.. home of the Throwed Roll. Those things are HOT! Also, the food portions are beyond hearty. I enjoyed my leftovers :)

Came home on Monday to a very overgrown lawn, but no energy to mow. Wanted to do that tonight, but work might keep me here. It's getting ridiculous, little sprouts of tallgrass are showing up, and all the others have mowed, so now I'm odd-man out. After that, I finally have to fix the one portion of the house that leaked during the floodwater.

More grass seed has taken hold in my dirt, so it should look much less patchy here soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home