Monday, June 25, 2007

Starving Artists my left foot

So Sara found a commercial for a "Starving Artist" sale from 10-5. We did go, and bought two really nice paintings, frames, and hanging kits for about x amount, which, since I didn't do the math in my head, really shocked me. That all being said, they're pretty and look well in our kitchen/bedroom.

The Kitchen one I picked out. It's a still life, a Cannister (Dark brown/black) in the background, with a well worn stoneware yellow water pitcher. On each side of the pitcher is tomatoes of varying ripeness ( Sara & I thought they were apples when we got it, but closer inspection showed them to be 'maters), One side they're in a green stoneware bowl, the other a steel/silver tray. Quite simple but pretty.

The bedroom picture is one that looks like two Roman Statues. Except they're not actual statues, it's a Roman Couple in an "awww" huggy pose. I spect Sara could explain it better, but it looks real nice in the bedroom, and since it's mostly shades of white (for the marble of a statue) it compliments the purple wall.

In other news:
Nearly saw an accident happen this morning on the way to work. Apparently a truck didn't want to be in the right-turn only lane, and shifted one to the left. Well the blue car in that lane wasn't real appreciative, and blared his horn, understandably. Mr. Truck didn't seem to mind or care, cause he kept right on coming. So the two shared that lane (we were at a red light), with Mr. Blue car mostly over the double yellows. Well Light turns green and Blue Car forces his way back into the lane, shoving Mr. Truck behind him. I stayed 1.5 car lengths behind all this so My car would be safe.

My daughter woke up this morning 30 min before my alarm was to go off. A rather hearty cry, as I correctly interpreted as "Why on God's Green Pasture am I awake?! I want to go back to sleep"
Reswaddle, and one pacifier later, I got 25 min of naptime before I needed to face the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home