Thursday, July 12, 2007

My Daughter's first words

She's been rolling the "ma-ma" around for a couple days now, and for me it was hard to tell if she was actually saying ma-ma or just babbling. This morning Sara called me at work and eventually I got to hear her second word. "ba-ba" which, of course is baby for "Bottle". Now we have to work on "da-da", then "Jami" for our babysitter.

I've been to San Diego the first half of this week. My dad's not in the greatest of health, and on Sunday he fell in the bathroom, and banged his head on the countertop. He's having low blood platelets, which means he has trouble clotting. So the bang on the head got bleeding in the brain, and the doctors weren't sure if they could do anything. Essentially, my step-brother heard this and started dialing the phone to let us know Dad was in terminal condition.

The next day dad was becoming coherent and lucid, and we got to see him that afternoon. The next day we visited with my father all day, and I think it did him a world of good. He was scheduled to move out of the ICU into the PCU, and I guess they upgraded his condition to Critical.

That all being said, and obviously the trip wasn't a fun in the sun one, I got to see the Pacific Ocean, beautiful. and San Diego weather is very nice, perennially 70 and sunny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home