Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Vaccuuming the lawn

Another lawn post, perhaps the last of the season. Well after a torrential amount of rain, and a decent amount of leaves, I had to bag the grass. I was expecting to to pick up the leaves of my maples, but the grass was getting long in some areas too. Left work a bit early to ensure enough sunlight. Didn't have enough to clean off the mower though, but just barely finished with the lawn. Did note that hte leaves took up more room in the bag, so I had to empty it more often. It looks cleaner out there now :)

Trimmed back my rose bush as well, it's ready for winter. I just need to dig up those bulbs Sara's grandfather gave us so they don't die.

When finishing the lawn, I smelled a gas leak. It was outside, near my meter, so for the first time in my life, i had to call the Gas company to report a gas leak. They answered as Gas Emergency, but I tried to make it sound like the house wasn't going to go BOOM. well, about 7pm (less than an hour response time, YAY) they show up and find it on a union pipe near the ground. He had to loosen and retighten it using an epoxy to help seal it. He released a lot of gas in the air, which won't go on my bill, but he then worried that some people will smell it and call it in again.
Anyway, that was all taken care of. It was neat how he found it though. He had a soap solution in a spray bottle, and he just sprayed it around the connections, and waited until he saw bubbles form. He then proceded to spray paint it from the gren to grey, in the dark. I didn't mind so much, but I'm hoping it's not splotchy or he hit my house instead. I was planning on painting next year, so heres to that.

1 Comments:

At Friday, October 27, 2006 4:45:00 PM, Blogger Ceshell said...

all the drama that happens in just your front yard....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home