Thursday, October 19, 2006

Taking bets on the due date.

It's amazing, how far we've reached in science and medicne, but how still we have to leave some up to guesswork.

We've had 4 Ultrasounds done to date. First to verify due date (1/20). The next two were because my daughter is measuring small. The last one was a Level 2 Ultrasound, which is a more in depth version.

Ultrasound II the tech said (besides telling us it was a girl) that her measurements put her at 1/27/07.

Ultrasound III showed her Amniotic Fluid at "low average" (side note, we kept hearing the word average, so we didn't fret, okay so she'll be petit, but still average) so that craeted Ultrasound IV: Ultrasound Level 2.

I liked the Level 2 lady. She went into great detail on what she was checking and why. they do more measurements, so they're more precise. Today's Ultrasound put her birthday at 1/15/07, so now I'll just tell people she's due late Jan/Early Feb.

My daughter is now 2lbs 5 oz, well with normal growth rate, Kidneys and bladder, stomach, brain, spine, etc all showing fine. Healthy 154bps heartrate (I apparently do a good impersonation of my daughter's heartbeat) and her Amniotic Fluid was measured around 8.77cm. That sounds low, and it is, but the range for it is 5cm-25cm, so again, we're within tolerances.

All in all a stacking up to be a healthy baby.

Any takers on her actual birthday? double or nothing if you guess the time down to the minute :)

3 Comments:

At Saturday, October 21, 2006 4:18:00 PM, Blogger Kathleen said...

What's the deadline? Can we change it later, NOT after she's born of course, but if we suddenly get hit with a premonition, or the tarot cards tell us something different, or if god comes down and become a burning bush to tell us, etc.? Because right now, my instinct is to say - late January :-) Congrats Brad..I'll bet you guys are getting excited. I'd love to see pictures of the nursery and the ultrasound sometime, if we can get together.

 
At Saturday, October 28, 2006 5:37:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to go with January 23rd, at 8:03 am. What do I get if I win?

 
At Monday, October 30, 2006 3:46:00 PM, Blogger Bishniak said...

well since both of you responded, I'll say you win the coveted "Favorite Aunt" position

 

Post a Comment

<< Home