Monday, October 16, 2006

Fine Fall Weather

Turned on the Heater for good this past weekend, as it froze twice. Now I have to go out and trim that wonderful wild Rose bush I have growing next to my AC and find a semi-sunny day to vaccuum my lawn of Red leaves.

The baby's room is 90% empty of our stuff, and we put all that we had of hers in there. It's not set up yet, but at least all that's out of the front room.

Went to the last Weekend of the KC Rennaisance Festival. Perfect weather for it to. Mid-60's but bright and sunny so I didn't need my cloak. Did the Barbarian Tournament again. Lost in the 1st round, left myself wide open. However, the fun and sucky part was that my opponent whacked me good with his foam swoard, the ones that are not supposed to hurt. Well, he hit me dead in the stomach and I'll be damned if that SOB didn't hurt. I reacted more out of shock than pain, but the audience was on my side as there was a pretty audible WHUMP! My brother was filming, so I get to see how I finished out. Brandon did well, made it through the first round, and fought a ninja in the second. He was the aggressor in that round, and won multiple times, but the judges couldn't see that. Mr Happy Ninja get's one lucky hit on reset match III and he goes on. A fair cop.

Sunday was a sloth day. Watched my DVD of The Goonies Twice, once with and once without commentary. That was the highpoint of that day.

Today is overcast and rainy again, no sun apparently, Heroes is on tonight, so there is that :)

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, October 17, 2006 8:23:00 AM, Blogger Kathleen said...

I love the Goonies! I wish I had it on DVD. I get paid next week...hmm..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home