Tuesday, October 31, 2006

2nd Place!

Wow. Just Wow. My company has had a Halloween party since 2003. Well in 2003 it was just the Solutions group (Solutions means they do primarily project work). but in 2004, all of I/T was entered. Every year we've done the parade, with a hope that we might win. Well, this year we won 2nd place in the "Character" category as (note: I say we, meaning my brother and I, we tend to go together with our costumes) "Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardy Seventh Year Students". We were impressed, got a nice little award and everything. Now the gravy: We get to split a 25 dollar gift certificate! SCORE! I was just aiming for the little award they gave, but now I get 12.50 to spend, how cool is that? 1st Place was given to a couple of managers that share the same name, so they went as a version of Thing 1 & Thing 2 from Cat in the Hat, and a woman who did a spot on costume for Charlie Chaplain. We had a Pun/Play on Words section that was riotous. We had Wall Flower, a girl dressed as a flower with a wall attached to her. Coat of Arms, quite literally that, Pumpkin Pie. she held a pumkin with the Greek symbol Pi on it, Farmer in the Dell, Dressed in overalls and wearing a computer box.
We had a "hillbilly" that looked a lot like K.Fed. :), our Boss (department head) came as a Vampire, Count IT :) Last year he was a hippy. It's good to have a boss willing to dress up at Halloween :)

I'm just still happy we won second, now it's on to think what to make for next year's costume, any suggestions?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home