Wednesday, February 11, 2009

My backyard, the swamp

So a construction crew working at the school behind me hit one of their water pipes. It streamed water all down the field between us and into three yards, mine and my two neighbors. Mine appeared to be the worst hit for some reason, as water flowed in, pooled, then streamed down the south side of my house, carving that divot I tried to fix a few years back. To make matters worse, I now found that heavy water flow on that side now seeps into my garage, thus possibly rotting the wood in that corner and ruining the drywall.

Well The City came out to see rather quick to tell me about the water pipe, and that it was the schools pipe, not the cities. Fair enough. But now I'll need to start calling them to work on the drainage in that field, and possibly help fix my lot, as I can't have the water ruining it. In the meantime, I'll hope for decent rain, and not torrential downpours.

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, February 11, 2009 11:30:00 AM, Blogger Heidi Meadows said...

Wow, that's a bummer. I hope it doesn't cause permanent damage to your yard, or worse, your home.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home