Monday, December 01, 2008

I want to kiss the man

who invented the portable DVD player. The trip to Wichita (enjoyable, relaxing, always a hoot to be around her family) is about 3-3.5 hours, and my little on invariably falls asleep for a portion of it, thus not taking an afternoon nap, and either getting REALLY cranky before bedtime, or wearing her parents out with no downtime.

However, this year I decided to try to hook up the portable DVD player Sara's dad gave us for Christmas last year. Played a full DVD of WonderPets! and then most of Winnie the Pooh. She stayed awake, sang during the songs, and took an afternoon nap pretty much once we got to her Grandparents house. God Bless you Portable DVD player Inventor. (Insert Bud Light: Real Men of Genius music here)

Nora was again a smash hit at Thanksgiving. Sara's youngest cousins wanted to ooh and ahh over her, so Daddy got to watch the Lions loose badly and the Cowboys win.. again. Nora got a little "broken" in the sense that everyone eventually became "Grandma" or "Grandpa" during the festivities, but it was a good time. To top it off, we stopped off at Holy Trinity Catholic Gifts and the lady recognized us from the last time we were down, and got me my Kneeling Santa statue I've been wanting ever since I saw it. (He's kneeling before the baby Jesus, and I thought that's a wonderful way to tie good ol' Kris Kringle into my faith.)

That's all I got, now I have to swim through emails and go buy some breakfast as I forgot to bring in milk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home