Monday, February 18, 2008

I'm boring

and I'm okay with that, really. Well, okay not 100% but I can accept some facts about myself that are boring, mainly with my blog. I see the majority of my posts concern of one topic or another to some begnin degree, and I write a paragraph about it. No one comments, and I continue week to week.

This is not to say I don't have opinions, far from it. I have strong opinions about a great many things. I guess I just don't want my blog to become a political/sociological battleground on the topic of the day (Abortion, Gay rights, War, shoe sizes, etc) so I tend to avoid them, and I guess that does make me a bit of a dull read.

That being said, the weather this weekend was ODD. Sunday I woke up to freezing rain, which turned to sleet, then to a BUNCH of snow, which then melted the rest of the day (turning to ice this morning, where I slid at two stop signs with cars coming, fun stuff).

Nora got her 1 year pictures on Saturday. we did whittle it down from 50 poses to 5. Should have done less but she's too damn cute for her own good. We have a few 8x10s for us and grandparents, 5x7 for uncles and what not, and a decent amount of wallets. We miss one? well we have the CD of ALL the poses we got of her so we can run to the Wal*Mart and have one printed off. Those will be posted to my Photobucket sometime this week(end).

I cringe now everytime I get a haircut. Why? because my hairlines receding. While I think I've accepted it to a certain degree, there's a patch of hair at the front that is currently a penninsula, and it appears to be forming into an island. This is a whole new level of "I'm getting old" depression. I just accepted that I now have a widow's peak and my forehead is longer than it used to be... now I'm having to consider shaving a part so it doesn't look lost? C'mon! I mean my dad kep this hair, hell even his hair color, and he was 64.. Can't I have that?

I have to run over my taxes once more but it looks like Im receivng a refund from both states and Federal, so now I get to turn my attic into storage, and either have the house painted, or look into siding :). Also, pay off the computer and look into a nice vacation for the family. Branson again? Silver Dollar City was fun.

Well that's all I'm thinking for now. Oh, one more, a very good friend of mine who's been in the Peace Corps for the last 2.5 years will be home in Mid-March. Yay! He gets to meet my daughter now.

3 Comments:

At Wednesday, February 20, 2008 9:32:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shoe sizes are controversial? Must've missed that one.
I don't think you missed a size of photos. I usually stick with wallets and 5x7s myself. Oh and where did you end up taking Nora for her pics that you were able to get a CD? Audrie
PS I don't think your blog is boring.

 
At Wednesday, February 20, 2008 5:15:00 PM, Blogger Sara Bishop said...

I dont think its boring either.

and we went to portrait innovations.

 
At Thursday, February 21, 2008 9:36:00 AM, Blogger KU Mommy said...

I think it's less boring when you blog ANYTHING (even if it's boring) than when you blog NOTHING.

Kristi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home