Monday, October 15, 2007

My first death by lawnmower

Mowed the lawn this past weekend. It was a tad overdue because of the amount of rain we've been having, but not to worry, I used the clippings as mulch around some areas of the house that needed some filling up, and under my porch which apparently is a low spot and becomes a lake during heavy rains.

Anyway, whilst mowing I saw a field snake in my lawn. This would not be a concern of mine except I have an overly inquisitive dog that would have irritated it, and a baby girl that will eventually play out there. While I debated on what to do with the snake, he decided to slither under my mower and BAM decision made. Well mostly. I had to take the remainder of the snake and toss it over my fence, and take that round of clippings and put it out front, away from the dog...

Other than that it was a Sunday with part clouds and we had the house open all day.

1 Comments:

At Friday, October 19, 2007 7:59:00 AM, Blogger Kathleen said...

Great! I hate snakes. And while I sometimes feel sorry for them because I know they're useful in fields and things they are an unnecessary burden to civilized people who are afraid of them and have pets and children. So good job!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home