Monday, April 02, 2007

When you think your lawn should be bagged rather than mulched

Go with that instinct.

I did not this sunday, and it was an interesting experience. THe front lawn went mostly without incident. The backyard, well at it's largest part the mower sounded like an off-balance washing machine. I found a semi-temp solution to lift the mower up to spit ou tthe wet clumps of grass. This doubled as a good fertilizer for the areas of my lawn that did not survive last year's heat. I performed this task oh, bout 7-8 times before it stopped acting that way and I finished the lawn.

My step-father taught me to wash the mower off afterwards, because it keeps the mower clean and in better running condition. It also showed me the folly of not bagging. Around the interior of the mower, there was a good inch thick circle of hard packed grass clippings. This extended into the exit shoot where the bag normally plugs in. It took probably 15 minutes with a spray hose to get all that grass off the mower, and another 10 to get it out of the street and into the gutter.

Well, the important thing is the lawn's mowed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home