Monday, December 04, 2006

Update

I've been told I need to update by blog.

What about? I lead a rather mundane life, so nothing seems that interesting to post?

Well, we did have some hellacious weather this past week. I had to take a 1/2 Day on Tuesday, to avoid the 1/4-1/2" ice that was coming down. THe missus did the same thing.

Think that's enough? oh no.. next day, they predict 4-`14" of snow same timeframe, so another 1/2 day to miss that blizzard. It was kinda cool. The Weather Channel had a guy out here reporting live during the snowstorm, from my town! I tried to figure out where he was, but he stood in a rather nondescript spot (streetlights, passing cars, heavy snowfall, etc) so we couldn't tell.

Had to shovel a path for the dog twice that night just so she could go potty. She decided to wake up at 4:30am the next day, so up I was shovelling her a path. Looked like we got about a foot of snow.

Well after the dog had a path, I put on some long johns, donned some ear muffs and went to shovel my driveway. Yup I'm now a winter home owner. What I didn't know is that it took me 2 hours to fully shovel that driveway clean. and by that night, my lowerback and biceps were pretty ticked with me.

3 days after the snowstorm, the city decided we needed our cul-de-sac shovelled. Since the sun had melted the majority of the snow on the streets, the gesture kinda felt like shutting the gate after the horses are out, but at least they tried.

Found the hill near the school in our backyard that is a place to sled (future knowledge kept so I can shove my daughter down a hill at breakneck speed on a flimsy piece of orange plastic), and the fact that they didn't clean out our street. It is possible we could get snowed in.

Next worry, last week was "grocery week" but Thanksgiving trumped it. So grocery week was moved to this weekend. was a bit worried, as the weather made sure we stayed at home, and we were running low on dinner items. This is not to say we would have starved, we have cans of veggies, soups, ramen, etc, and could have made it easil yanother 2-3 weeks, but no big meal stuff.

So we went on Saturday to shop... oy... 2.5 hours to shop. 10-15 minutes just to find a space, and I had to Vulture a spot. I hate parking lot Vulture, but I had a pregnant wife, and I wanted to get home, so we hovered until someone backed out. Guess it wasn't so bad, I got to try Egg Nog at the store :)

Saw "Stranger than Fiction" at a local movie theater. Sara asked if I thought i was worth watching at 10pm at night. I think it wasn't worth going to that movie theater at 10pm at night. It had a dirty feel to it. The theater we went into wasn't cleaned from the previous movie until 5 minutes to show, and the manager had to rush in and do his best. I'll give it a try during a matinee before I just give up on it.

That's all I know,

well exept we're now in week 33, and a co-worker decided to tell me we're now in the region of "The baby can show up any day now".

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, December 05, 2006 1:40:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a lot of snow fun. If I don't get to tell you later Happy Holidays.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home