Wednesday, June 07, 2006

When will the house chores end?

What I hoped to be a 3 day project has turned into 3 weekends. The deck has one full coat on, but it rained on Sunday leaving me to put the second coat on the floor and touchups till this weekend.

This weekend is now quite full, as we need to clean the house, finish the deck, AND

*Trumpet Fanfare*
My cabinet's done!

Our kitchen is rather open, but not big on storage space, so I asked my Stepfather, who's taken up woodworking in retirement, to make a cabinet on a big open wall. It'll be six feet long, with 4 drawers, 2 really neat pull out drawers and the bottom is for large storage. Mom says it's the most beautiful piece he's done. I'm looking forward to installing it.

Installing it entails me pulling the baseshoe off and the floortrim, ALSo moving an outlet up to keep it from being hidden by the cabinet. We're going to add a cable outlet in there, so we can watch TV whilst making dinner. Sounds full.



- In other news -

My wife's close friends Katie and Kay have been vying for the coveted "Favorite Aunt" position with my yet unborn child. So far both are promising, but Kay upped the ante by sending in a Resume. Yes a Resume with Cover letter, references, the whole nine yards. This will have to go in a scrapbook somewhere.

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, June 07, 2006 6:54:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someday when I'm counseling someone and I don't know what to do when they say they're going to kill themselves it will be because instead of listening to a very interesting and informative suicide lecture, I was making a favorite aunt resume in class...

 
At Friday, June 09, 2006 8:07:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just glad that the Favorite Uncle position has already been filled.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home