Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Updates and whatnot

Well, it's been a few months since I posted, and I'll blame that mostly on work. I'm on a big project that requires a great deal of my time, and so writing mundane entries about my life goes by the wayside. I had to log in today to remove some spam from one of my posts, so I thought I'd give an update:

Halloween #3 was just as fun if not better than last year. Nora had more of an idea what was going on, so she, dressed as Brobee from Yo Gabba Gabba, we went straight to the awesome block we found last year, and it did not dissapoint. The first house Nora stared at the lady. I looked down and said "What do you say?", so she turned and said "Thank you" we all laughed and she got candy. I told her that today we say Trick or Treat when we go to a house. She picked that up at house #2 and didn't need reminding thereafter. She did need a nudge to say "thank you" though. We were out for maybe 2 hours, and she went home happy and tired. No meltdown this year.

Did Ren Fest this year three times. Once with the in-laws. wonderfully warm weather. Once with the usual gang in full costume, which was rather chilly. And once more with 1/2 of the crew and my older brother, which we semi-dressed up. (I wore my shirt, my heavy boots, and my cloak) All in all a decent go around. Nora was presented a magic wand at a booth some friends of ours work at. Nora loved it, and Sara & I both were appriciative on the kindness of them to give her that. I'd most definitely plug it here if I remembered the name of the booth. It is the one next to the Sky Chair house, and they sell real neat pewter items and chess sets.

Thanksgiving is next week, and once again I'm going to take a stab at cooking a bird. This year we'll have a few more people than last year, so here's hoping I don't burn the bird.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home