Monday, March 30, 2009

Grumble Grumble Home Ownership Grumble

So, my brilliant makeshift plan of digging around the corner of my house didn't work so well. Due to the Storm that dumped freezing rain/hail/sleet/snow on the ground, and it's eventual quick melting the next day, the water flowed back into my house.

WHat's worse is that the path I dug for the dog was unusable due to ... high water. There was a river in my backyard, coming from one side where a divot is in my land, and where the culvert/burm just isn't high enough and the water was flowing over it like a waterfall.

To make this more fun, it's supposed to rain the rest of the week. Yay.
Got a call into the School district to see what can be done about the Culvert, and I'm going to try to call a Civil Engineering company about what to do with my backyard.

My main grumble point on this is that we were saving money this year. Doing a good job at it to.. now all that appears it will go to fixing the lawn. It's necessary I know, and I'll do it, I'm just going to grumble about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home