Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving Parts I & II

Well This past thursday was Thanksgiving, and I had a really good time this year. That's not to say that I never have a good time, it's just that this year I really enjoyed myself. Nora wasn't stranger-danger to anyone, Grandma & Great Grandma got to hold her, she walked all over, and slept well during the big meal.

When we were leaving, I was packing up her stuff, and decided to be cute with the monitor. I started whispering "Get out" in it. Turns out my 3 year old nephew thought that I was an alien, and started having a conversation with me. Sara ran so she could relay what he was saying, so I could respond. Turns out I was from Nebulon XI and I came for turkey. :)

Saturday I did what I've never done before: I cooked a turkey. A little 12 pounder to start off to see if I'm really capable of it. Turns out I am. Real moist turkey and good flavor to it. I don't know if that'll become annual as long as Mom's still making her turkey, but at least I know that when it becomes my family tradition, we can handle it.

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, November 28, 2007 6:01:00 AM, Blogger Kathleen said...

That's so funny. He thought you were an alien. I'm surprised he wasn't scared though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home