Monday, November 05, 2007

Yay! No more stringing lights!

Well, I'll start by saying I really dislike how Corporate America is pushing Christmas season on us before halloween. I know the secular version of the holiday expects us to spend lavish amounts of money on presents to everyone in existance, and I know they can't get much out of Thanksgiving, a season of eating at home with family, but come on man, let us have our holidays seperate!

Okay after all that's said, Sara & I went to look for a new tree. My old one got damp in Narnia, and it was the push I needed to get rid of it and look for a pre-lit tree. Never has the Christmas spirit left me faster than putting up and taking down Christmas lights.

Surprisingly enough, a good multi-colored Pre-lit tree is hard to come by. We saw quite a few really nice trees that had all white lighting, and most of the trees with multi-colored lights were sparse or too narrow. We found one at Lowe's that we would get if we couldn't find a better one for 220, but before we went home we looked at Michael's. And there it was, with Joy to the world playing in the backround was this not too narrow, well filled out Multi-colored pre-lit tree. and it was on sale for 180! Yippee! So after some creative packing in my truck, we brought it home and it now rests in Narnia, ready to be taken out either for this christmas, or next (depending on how "hands-on" nora is.)

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, November 06, 2007 1:21:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Last year Lily wasn't too hands on the tree or decorating it...just had to move the balls up, as if we had a cat instead. But she sure did like the lights. Thought to share since Nora is now the age Lily was then....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home