Monday, November 12, 2007

Stranger Danger Averted

My daughter, bless her bald round little head, is not very fond of anyone outside of Mom, Dad, Jami (the babysitter). Anyone else who tries to hold her is met with a very frowny face and crying until Mommy or Daddy come to the rescue. My Mother is especially affected by this, because apparently none of her kids had this type of Stranger Danger. We'd just say hi to anyone I guess.

Well this past weekend I had a friend visit, and he was just "around" her for a few hours before he even tried to hold her.... Well Lo and Behold, she didn't cry. In fact, the rest of the weekend she smiled and giggled at him.

EUREKA! So Grandma & Grandpa (still having trouble remembering the new naming system) stopped by this weekend and we let her know to just let Nora get used to you before you hold her. About 30-45 min in we let Grandma hold Nora. Guess what? Yes! That's It.. she bawled until one of us took her back.. No, that's not true, Nora was just hunky dory with Grandma, and you could tell Grandma was very pleased with this.

Grandma & Nora came out to visit me while I was grilling, and so Grandma got to see Nora in her little hooded jacket. I bet it's all babies, but my daughter gets a +10 to cuteness every time she's wearing that little hood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home