Thursday, January 25, 2007

Snows melting Dog's happy and ...

what on earth to infants dream of? I say this as my baby girl is sleeping, then makes these "whooping" noises every once in a while and goes back to sleep. What does a 6 day old dream of?

My dog is home, and appears to be okay after missing me for a week, and having a trip to the Emergency Doggie Hospital (no, Rowlf wasn't there, or Dr. Bob)

Anyway my brother noted she was acting off, and took her to the vet for me. Turns out my Dog has a compressed Disc in her back. This is very common for Dachshunds, where "back problems" is second nature. She's on Puppy Ibuprophen and acting quite normally. I hope she can handle hte stairs better, and I'll look into getting her those stairs so she can climb up to the couch.

Bottle feeding the young one is easier and faster, but there is a crap load of cleaning bottles involved. Now I know why parents have asbestos hands. You have to clean those things in searing hot soapy water... and only way to get them out is to reach in and grab them. I hope they'll toughen up soon.

as a tangent: I've been washing my hands for everything now, and they are so dry they're bleeding. Owie. Hoping Eucerin will aid that.

My daughter's off the BiliBlanket (aids in curing Jaundice, which poor thing had) so we can actually sleep in our room tonight. We've been downstairs me in the chair, Sara in the couch while she processed all that yuck out of her by sleeping on this fiber optic blanket. Our little glow worm. We have pictures for it :)

Nothing else is new, cept the missus is getting cabin fever so we're going to attempt to go out into the world. Visit her work then off to my parents. She'll be a week old so it should be okay. Nervous about it though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home