Thursday, January 11, 2007

My wife needs to finish thoughts

If you've ever watched Arrested Development, there's a doctor who would say something horrific about a family member, only for it to mean something more benign.

Sara did this to me yesterday by saying "I'm off to the doctor's."

Now this harmless little statment meant she had her standard weekly appointment and she was off to it. Of course, my mind, being that of a very new father in waiting, went towards.. "How far apart are the contractions? Your water break? Where's your bag for the hospital? Is the baby seat in her room?"

She laughed at me and told me to calm down.


Calm down well, untill she was told by a rather surprised OB/GYN that she's Dialated to 3 and 50% effaced.

So now, I have the carseat in, her bag and the baby's bag are with me, I've got my Spongebob Window shade up, and we're ready. I hope....


So any day now fits a whole new meaning when you're wife has passed early labor and can start real labor at any point in time. Not to mention freezing rain and drizzle is on the horizon for this weekend, making it even more hospitiable.

2 Comments:

At Thursday, January 11, 2007 6:42:00 AM, Blogger KU Mommy said...

HOW EXCITING!! I LONG FOR MY NEXT DOCTOR'S APPOINTMENT TO HEAR THAT I'M THAT FAR ALONG. IT IS SOOO TIME FOR THESE BABIES TO MAKE AN APPEARANCE. GOOD LUCK!!!

 
At Saturday, January 13, 2007 4:12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehe, you're so cute Brad. (that's not to be taken wrong its just so Awww-dorble ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home