Friday, April 07, 2006

Bleeding sucks

I went in for my quarterly draining, in accordance with the scripture.. at least the ones where I drain my blood to keep my iron count at a normal level. Anyway, once the nurse came in, I knew there'd be trouble. It started with her telling us she wasn't going to use the one needle that doesn't allow us to clot (by Us, I am referring to my brother and I, we tend to go together to our draining.) Anyway, she got him all set up then went to me. Slowly stuck the needle in, which hurt like hell, and missed the vein. For a year and a half, they've never missed. SO of corse she starts noodling the thing around, trying to strike paydirt. She decided to bring in another nurse as it's obvious she's "killing me" because as brave a boy as I am, if it hurts, i tend to make noises. ANyway, 3 nurses tried and failed, so they had a go at my left arm, which never works for me. Any takers on what happened? Right, they missed again. At least this nurse was nicer about it. So, after 2 tries, and probably a real good bruise, i have to come in again in 2 weeks to try this again. The only good news out of it is I'm pretty sure that nurse was annoyed with me so she'll avoid me if I come in again.

2 Comments:

At Saturday, April 08, 2006 11:04:00 AM, Blogger Ceshell said...

I had that happen to me once in my dad's office (he's a doctor)...to make a long story short, I ended up with about 8 bruises on both my arms. I'm not needle brave, so yeah I bawled like a baby.

 
At Tuesday, April 11, 2006 5:01:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your description makes me glad I didnt go.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home