Tuesday, March 28, 2006

End of an Era

Well, today I paid off the balance and cancelled my Bally's Total Fitness account. I have access to the gym until April 28th, but since it's now 30+ minutes away, I doubt it.

I went exactly when I needed to. It helped me during a rough time in my life to feel better about myself. I went for a full year and a half with very little "I don't feel like it" moments.

Now, I did fall off the wagon. A mixture of City of Heroes MMORPG, 8 weekends straight of painting my brother's house helped break my routine. I did enjoy it, but man, it took a chunk out of my life. 5-7 (or later) every weeknight plus most of the morning on Sunday. It was hard to have a social life. Good thing I didn't have much of one.

Well, I'm not in that shape anymore, but I am happy with who I am, and I'm not as big as I once allowed myself to get. Perhaps in future I can find a gym closer to me, but for now, the money will go to the house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home