Friday, March 31, 2006

My first Soy Burger Experience

My last post about Veggie Burger got me thinking about how I started eating those things, so here's the post about it.

I'm a carnivore, I love meat. Beef (until recently), Chicken, Pork, Fish, I loved it. The thought of a Soy patty seemed to be, heretical.

Anyway, one day my brother informed me of a vegan friend that was supposed to stop by, but never did. In preperation, he had purchased Boca brand Meatless Burgers. Since the friend was not coming over, and he had bought them, he decided to give it a try. It was actually quite good, a lot better than I expected. So he have one to me. I liked it. It's consitency is softer than a burger, and the flavor isn't the same, but they made it with liquid smoke, and seasonings. It was something I could eat and it was tasty, so I decided to buy some.

Now, after a while of just the burger-like patties, I decided to branch out. Their breaded chik'n is one of my favorites (could be because it has the largest amount of fat). The sausages were okay, but I wouldn't run out and tell the world.

Now I also tried Good Burger's version. Not as tasty. So I would reccommend the Boca variety of meatless products to give a try, I bet you'd be as surprised as I was. It's in the Frozen Foods section, usually after TV Dinners and before the Pizzas.

1 Comments:

At Saturday, April 01, 2006 7:17:00 PM, Blogger Ceshell said...

It's weird, but while I was pregnant with Carson, I could eat no meat whatsoever. I just couldn't stand the taste of it, any kind of meat. The very day he was born, I could eat meat again. I've tried the vegetarian hot dogs (don't know who by) and they are gross. My Uncle Mike used to be vegeterian and he loved them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home