Tuesday, October 18, 2005

My Saturday Adventure

My wife and I were tired, so we called it a night at 10pm. It was a nice cool night, so we had the windows open. At that moment Train A leaves the station going 30 miles per hour, when..... sorry
Anyway, I had just fallen into sleep when I heard this Loud, obnoxious repetitive banging noise. When I opened my eyes I recognized what it was. Near the back of my townhome there's an area my complex allows us to throw away couches, chairs, entertainment centers, etc that are too big to put in normal trash. Well apparently some kids decided to demolish something out there, around 10:30pm at night.
Well, I've handled noise complaints before, so after 10 minutes of hoping they'd stop, I called my complex. Informed them of the problem, and went back to sleep.. sort of, as they still where whacking away at whatever they were destroying.
Well about 5 minutes later, the complex calls me again and informed me that she was told I had to call the police. She talked to maintenence, I'm not sure why, but they wouldn't help. So now I'm awake and pissed now. (Side Note: I hate my late night maintenence, they find any reason not to come out and help if at all possible)Well the kids started at it again, and i didn't want to call the police, as I was sure they'd take another hour or so to come out there to scare the kids. Then it came to me: That's all i wanted, scare the kids. So I put on my pants and walked outside. I could see them banging on something in the distance from my patio. So I lifted my flashlight and turned it on in their direction.
The kids scattered like cockroaches, one ran in each direction (boys age around 10-13). I left the light on for a while, then turned it off. One kid, who was bright enough to hide behind a large storage crate, started walking back to the trash, when he spotted my sillouhete, and ran in the direction of his friend. It was quiet that night and the rest of the weekend.
I'm morbidly proud of scaring the snot out of those kids. :) The next morning I looked, and they were breaking apart a pressboard dresser, which is why it was making so much noise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home